The unique skills and perspectives our people bring to the industry is what makes working in rail so special.
- World-class opportunities
Develop your career and your life with limitless opportunities.
Build relationships with people who care about their peers and want to do great work that supports their community.
Join an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity.
- Supporting young professionals
Be supported to become the next industry or community leader.
I’m proud of being able to influence and inform the younger generation
We’re at the forefront of creating change for a prosperous future for all.
- Clean and efficient transport
Rail is part of the solution to achieve net-zero by 2050.
- Adopting new technology
We’re working at the cutting edge of artificial intelligence, automation, low-carbon concrete, and more.
- Nation building
The rail network supports key industries such as agriculture, resources, manufacturing, trade, and travel.
- Place making
Dependable transport empowers people in our communities to live, learn, work, and play.
Meet your new employer
In rail, you can work with organisations that are both large and small. Our industry has some of the world’s largest companies, as well as local firms offering specialised services. This variety opens up a world of opportunities and experiences.
- Design & Build Support the construction of track, bridges, tunnels, and stations.
- Manufacture Be part of local manufacturing for trains, rollingstock, track, and signalling equipment.
- Maintain Sustain infrastructure and equipment above and below track to keep the network moving.
- Operate Help customers, direct and drive trains, and manage facilities.